PRESSURE TESTING LTD
Office: 36 Mayfield Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 8AP
07967 233836 Fax: 01582 896709
in London, Luton and Cardiff
- Checklist of Items to be completed prior to our arrival on Site
- Prior to attending site we will require a set of
dimensioned floor plans and elevations to calculate floor, wall & roof
- We will require the Design Air Leakage Rate or Air
Permeability for the building. For commercial buildings this is generally 10 m3/hour/m2,
but can be lower, if requested in the SAP rating report.
- We require TWO 240v Electric sockets within 25
metres of EACH of our testing equipment set up.
- Ensure that the completed building envelope is
finished. All doors, windows, and cladding must be installed, or if items,
such as glazing are missing, they should be sealed up to prevent air
leakage. Please note that temporarily sealing items with tape should be
limited to those items detailed in item 5.
- Seal with tape or cardboard any duct work and
mechanical vents to the outside. Pay particular attention to the air
- Seal all ducts and penetrations where the main
services enter the building. We have encountered many tests where a water
pipe duct has been left unsealed underneath kitchen units. After services
have been installed in the duct, seal the rest of the duct.
- Seal all SVP and waste pipe penetrations passing
through external walls and ceilings. Make
sure that the tops, sides & ends of all pipe boxing’s
are sealed to prevent air leaking into the boxing and escaping through
SVP/waste pipe penetrations. Bath panels should also be fully sealed.
- Ensure that all toilets and U bends in sinks have
water in them.
- Ensure all external doors and windows are closed
fully and make sure all trickle vents closed but NOT SEALED. Internal
doors should be wedged open.
- All penetrations
through floors & ceilings should be sealed.
- The boiler
flue must be sealed where it penetrates walls or ceilings
- In some
houses storage cupboards have been built into the roof space. The doors
when closed should seal the room from the roof space. Fit draught excluder
if necessary to top, bottom & sides of door/frame
- Have a competent member of your staff available on
the test day to modify and/or seal any further areas that we identify as
requiring extra work.
- If the door/s chosen for the test have a larger opening larger than 1.200m x 2.100m high,
you will need to modify the opening to suit our standard template.
us for advice should this be required.)
- Whilst we would prefer to have the building empty
during the test duration, people can stay in the building whilst the test
is in progress. They may not however enter or leave during the test
period. (Approx 1 hour)
- We require a parking space for a transit van type
vehicle within 10 metres of the test location on site.
- Testing cannot take place in high winds or if
significant temperature differences persist, particularly for high
buildings. You should inform us immediately if on the day of the test high
winds in excess of 6 m/s are experienced, and a personnel door in a sheltered
area cannot be utilised. If we arrive on site to carryout the test and
have to abort the test due to windspeeds in
excess of 6 m/s the full test fee will be payable.
- If we arrive
on site and are delayed due to the site not being prepared adequately, or the
items in this checklist not being completed prior to our arrival, we
reserve the right to cancel the test. The full test fee will be payable.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PREPARATION OR THE ACTUAL TEST,
THEN PLEASE RING OUR OFFICE TO DISCUSS THEM. WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE A
PASS AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT.